Hi friends! Sometimes, when I’m lacking inspiration and I feel like my blog is pointless and going nowhere, I review other blogs, my favorite blogs, and I realize why I juggle this along with all of my other tasks. I wanted to share with you […]
Hi friends! If you’re anything like me, you had a wonderful winter break, full of family, friends, and food, with one little drop of sabotage: the looming threat of midterms. Midterms start about 3 weeks after winter break ends, which means 3 weeks of teachers […]
So, I’ve recently become obsessed with Sweetgreen since they added one to the KoP Mall, particularly the guacamole greens salad. I was hoping to make a cheaper, vegetarian option at my house, so I stole the recipe from A Beautiful Plate and gave it a shot. It worked out so well that I wanted to share it with all of you here. Here is the direct like to the recipe.
Makes 4 servings
Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 small strip of de-seeded jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tightly-packed fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small pinch of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- a few handfuls of cherry tomato halves
- 10 crushed tortilla chips
- 4 bowls filled 3/4 of the way with mixed greens
- 2 avocados
- Blend salad dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor until cilantro is finely chopped.
- Mix salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add salad dressing to large bowl. Toss.
- Distribute salad to four bowls.
- Serve and enjoy!
Give the recipe a shot and let me know how it goes! What’s your favorite Sweetgreen salad? Let me know in the comments below!